Substance Abuse Intervention
The Adult Substance Abuse Intervention curriculum addresses the needs of the low-risk client who has become involved with the criminal justice system for a substance abuse offense. The client may not have an addiction issue that meets the requirements of traditional treatment but instead has a behavior issue that can better be addressed using a shorter cognitive educational model. This curriculum allows clients to explore their anti-social attitudes, how their use of substance abuse affects their personal and professional relationships, and includes training and practice in self-control and self-management.
The Adult Substance Abuse Intervention workbook is available in English and Spanish.
- Develop critical cognitive thinking skills.
- Identify the personal price paid for drug use.
- Recognize how the use of drugs/alcohol affects personal and professional relationships.
- Develop a plan and make a commitment to refrain from abusing drugs/alcohol.
- Establish positive, goal directed behavior patterns.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™