Designed for medium to high risk offenders, the Adult Domestic Violence curriculum uses a unique, interactive model to allow participants to explore why they use violence to try to solve problems. They practice the skills necessary to cope with interpersonal problems in a nonviolent manner. Participants will learn that problems that they think are solved with violence are never permanently solved, and individuals will make a commitment never to use violence in their relationships.
- Accept responsibility for actions.
- Learn why violence is used to try to solve problems.
- Understand how attitude affects behavior.
- Gain better self-control.
- Understand the process necessary to change behavior.
- Make a commitment never to use violence in relationships with others.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.